Friday, March 21, 2014

Student Feature Friday: New Inductees to the National Honor Society

Our new inductees to the NHS
Student Feature Friday:  National Honor Society New Inductees
What a treat it was last evening to induct 27 new members to Nipmuc's National Honor Society. The ceremony was hosted by the president of our NHS, Peter Jordan, who welcomed our new inductees and congratulated them on their accomplishments in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Along with Peter, five senior speakers - Leigh Hamlet, Sarah Wadehul, Rose Wiklund, Melanie Kossuth, and Laura Ng - offered reflections on their own experiences as NHS members. Their comments showed their personal commitment to the ideals of NHS and a commentary on the many ways that their commitment to NHS values has enriched their lives. Also speaking last night were Tiffany Griffith, Lindsay Doyle, Kurt Robakiewicz, Madeline Davidshofer, Roma Gujarathi, and Julia Sharp who provided commentary on the meaning of membership in NHS. 

I am exceptionally proud of the diverse accomplishments of this group of 27 students. Their commitment to service, learning, and leadership is an impressive example of the potential of our students. I had the chance to ask all of the new inductees about their induction to this prestigious group. Their answers are included below: 

Q:  What is the most meaningful/special part of becoming a member of the Nipmuc National Honor Society?

Emily Agro
Being part of the National Honor Society helps motivate me when it comes to my academics and things I want to accomplish in my life, and it also brings me closer to the community in which I live. Through NHS I am able to help those in need through volunteerism and assistance opportunities.

William Applegate
The National Honor Society is a great and respectful group of students. I think the most meaningful part of becoming a member is holding myself to a higher standard. To me, this means not only being respectful of everyone but also doing everything I can to help others. I hope that my membership to the society will allow me to have a positive impact on the lives of others.

Chereen Chalak

National Honor Society is an organization which serves to honor and recognize high school students who have demonstrated excellence as an overall student, as well as through leadership, service, and character. National Honor Society is an organization offered here at Nipmuc, consisting of students who strive to display many admirable qualities that an individual should obtain to reach their best potential and to be successful as a student, and in general. Knowing that I will be inducted this year to become a new member of National Honor Society gives me the honor of knowing that I have exemplified the valuable characteristics necessary to be accepted into this group. Being able to achieve this gives me the sense of pride and accomplishment, acknowledging that others are able to recognize these qualities I possess as well. Additionally, I hope to convey these traits to my peers and become a role model for others.

Tyler Costello
To me, the most meaningful and special part of becoming a part of the National Honor Society is being able to represent Nipmuc as a student athlete representative. This privilege as a leader of my class helps reassure me that my work within the previous years has paid off. This honor will help steer my actions in the future to be the best student, athlete, and person I can be.

Kristen Denson
For me the most meaningful and special part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society at Nipmuc is getting the chance to volunteer and work with so many different people.


Gabrielle Diodati
Becoming a member of National Honor Society is a major achievement and everyone should be ecstatic for making it. The best part of being inducted into National Honor Society is we are now able to be a part of a team and collaborate with others to benefit our school and society. Also I am looking forward to all of the ideas that we will brainstorm to create new opportunities for our school. National Honor Society is a great club and I could not be more excited to finally be a part of it.


Drew DiPoto
The opportunity to become part of a group that supports community involvement. It demonstrates how teenagers can make a difference in the lives of others.

Jenna Fitzgerald
The most meaningful/special part about becoming part of National Honor Society is being able to represent Nipmuc as a student athlete. This validates my hard work that I've put in these past few years. I am honored to be a part of this society and it will only push me to work harder in my future.

Chelsea Gorius
The best part is the fact that I get to become a part of a society which has existed for so long. A society whose members I have always looked up to because of their responsibility, kindness, and overall honor. Becoming a member gives me pride that I am becoming someone who I myself would look up to.


Elizabeth Hilton
To me, the best part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society is to be part of a group of such amazing individuals who share my love for the community we live in.


Alyssa Imparato
I am honored to be inducted into NHS this Thursday.  It means so much to be that I can be a part of making a difference. I cannot wait to share my outgoing personality and ideas with everyone else in this club.


Kiley Larocque
Becoming a member of National Honor Society is something I take pride in. The most meaningful part of this wonderful experience is that I now am taking part in my loving community and getting myself involved in the school district. National Honor Society has given me the opportunity to provide leadership for others and to hopefully impact many people's lives. Being a member of this group will ultimately help me become a better person.


Grace Merten
I wanted to become a member of Nipmuc's National Honor Society because I enjoy community service, and NHS is a group that helps the community. NHS pushes me to keep my grades up, and I enjoy being apart of the group.

Jay Patel

I feel a natural need to help others given that I have the chance. From what I have come to learn, there is no better way to help the community than by participating in community service. Acknowledging this idea, I do my best to play an active and a positive role in my community. I have participated and continue to do so in a variety of services, from helping to pick up trash around the Blackstone river on Earth Day to monitoring water in a lab on a regular basis. In addition to my desire for helping those in need, I find community service rather enjoyable. Due to its positive morality and enjoyable nature, I have a profound interest in service and becoming a part of National Honors Society will allow me to further exercise this interest.

Victoria Phillips
The most meaningful/special part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society is that I'm able to be a part of a meaningful club with great people in it! Becoming a member will mean I can continue to demonstrate excellence in academics, leadership, service, and character. It is an honor to be a part of National Honor Society.

Jared Plumb
Becoming part of National Honors Society is a commitment to academic achievement and leadership in the community which I have looked forward to making.  As I look around at the students who have already joined this organization, I see in them the type of student which I wish to be.  I look forward to learning from the experiences to come and people I will meet as a part of National Honors Society and from them hope to both better myself and learn to be an example to my peers.  I am truly honored and thankful to have such a remarkable opportunity as this one.

Karin Plante
I think the most meaningful aspect of becoming a member of the National Honor Society is the support and socialization with members who are just as enthusiastic and motivated about volunteering as I am. I am very excited to participate in NHS and hopefully I am introduced to countless more volunteer opportunities that I can take part in!


Stephanie Poly
It's a privilege to be part of a group with such motivated and dedicated individuals. It means a lot to be considered for this honor. I am looking forward to contributing to the National Honor Society.

Angelica Puchovsky
I've always wanted to be part of NHS. I enjoy doing community service and wanted to be part of a group who helps out our community. I work hard to achieve my grades and being part of the National Honor Society is a reward for me.

McKenna Reilly
Being a part of the Nipmuc Chapter of the National Honor Society is more than getting good grades. I am appreciative to be a part of a recognized group of students who not only achieve strong academic standings, but also give back to the community.


Julia Salvaggio
The most meaningful part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society is being able to be a role model for other people. To be a role model for people who may want to achieve a certain academic goal, such as the National Honor Society, is a great privilege. Also, being a part of a group that helps out others as well as the school is a very special part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society. Hopefully others will see the amazing work we do and want to be a part of it.


Amanda St. Germain
The National Honor Society serves as a symbol of excellence to not only the student body but additionally the faculty members of Nipmuc Regional High School. Being a diligent and hard-working student, I feel that the National Honor Society could offer me a lot in terms of leadership, service, and development of my character, and believe I could contribute back in these categories.

Ryan Sullivan
The most meaningful part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society is being able to be involved in an organization that has such dedication to giving back to the community. Being an active member in the culture and community of Mendon and Upton has been an important part of my life, and I'm glad to be able to pay back through volunteering and helping others.

Carly Thibodeau
For me, becoming part of National Honor Society is an honor, one of the highest accomplishments I can achieve. Knowing that the community and school counts on me to perform my duties in helping them is the most meaningful part of being a member of NHS.

Joria Todd
Becoming a part of the National Honor Society was an easy decision for me. I felt that it represented what my education meant to me and would show colleges and my teachers who I was as a student and that I take school and my grades seriously. Already, I have met so many nice, smart, and overwhelmingly welcoming students who share similar goals and ideals. I am so thankful to be a part of the National Honor Society.

Sarah Tong
The most meaningful part of becoming a member of the National Honor Society is knowing how prestigious this group is, since only select, high achieving students are a part of it. Becoming a member of NHS makes me feel distinguished and proud.


Kelsey Woods
The ability to create my leadership project from start to finish.



Congratulations to all of our new members! Included below you will also find the program for the evening including a list of all current members of the NHS. 


No comments:

Post a Comment